And the Oscar goes to…
Thank you Devine Debris Jewelry for giving me the Lovely Blog Award! Go and check out her site, she crochets the greatest earrings and accessories.
The Rules for accepting this Award are as follows:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger(s) who gave it to you.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Award up to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
If you’re a curious person (and you are, because otherwise you probably wouldn’t bother reading blogs!), I’ve already told seven things about myself here. But of course there is more:
1. Fred Weasley’s death broke my heart.
2. My all time favorite song is Summer Night City by Abba.
3. Somehow many of our holiday destinations are dictated by friends getting married somewhere or other. So far we’ve attended weddings in Belgium, England, India, Canada and Uzbekistan (yes, that was a very special one…!).
4. I’m a Trekkie. My favorite captain is Jean-Luc Picard and I truly believe that having some decent Star Trek knowledge makes watching ‘The Big Bang Theory’ even more enjoyable.
5. The most wonderful country I’ve visited so far is Japan. I loved the food, the onsen, sleeping on a futon, wearing a yukata, and, especially, the spectacular umbrella departments in the big department stores. I’ve had a thing for umbrellas ever since.
6. I used to play the flute and the piano. With a little practice, I’m still quite all right on the flute – on a piano, I’m just as useless as anyone who has never had any lessons at all.
7. I hate sports, practicing as well as watching. Thank heavens, I married the only man in the world who doesn’t care for them either, so we never have to ‘watch the game’. The only thing we watch are the Olympics, really, really important football (soccer) finals (like the world cup) if the national team happens to be playing, and sometimes, when we’re bored, something silly like curling, snooker or bowling.
The blogs I nominate are:
Go and have a look!